We have a spectacular range of caving tours available in and around the rugged scenic beauty of the 200 hectare Phong Nha Ke-Bang National Park, a twilce recognised UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Organised tours are the easiest way to see the National Park, but there are also many things that can be seen without taking a tour.
All National Park’ Tours
- Phong Nha National Park Tour – The classic take on the National Park Tour, 8 ladies cave and the War Martyrs memorial, Paradise cave and the newly opened and unspoiled Tra Ang Cave with a short walk in the jungle. BBQ lunch in the jungle
- Discovery National Park Tour – the touristic highlights of the National Park, for adventurers of all abilities. Paradise Cave, the very popular Dark Cave, the War Martyr’s Memorial, Ziplining, Kayaking…read more
- 7km trek through Paradise Cave – get beyond the tourist section of this massive and spectacular cave. See sunbeams in the doline as you enjoy lunch underground. (reduced to 4km during the wet season)
- Explore Phong Nha cave 4,5km by kayak- experience kayaking 3 km into one of the longest river caves in the world, 1 km caving and swimming
- Hang Vom one day trek – the newly opened Vom Cave and a day in the wonders of the jungle of the National Park. 8km of trekking with swimming in the lake and the cave
- Tu Lan Experience – Trek and swim through the jungle and caves of the Tu lan System, 70km from Phong Nha. (Closed Mid september to mid November)
- Private National Park tours are also available for families and groups
In addition there are many activities available at and around the Phong Nha River Life Homestay:
- Explore Phong Nha Cave by boat from the boat station in Phong Nha.
- See the spectacular jungle scenery & fascinating limestone formations of the karst mountains.
- Take a walk in the jungle of the Botanic Gardens and swim in the waterfall
- Observe the varied wild life – you may even come across a troop of rare Black Langur monkeys.
- Ride a bicycle along the winding tracks weaving through the rice paddy fields and through tiny quaint villages where you can stop to interact with the friendly locals, visit local markets & swim in the clear streams nearby.
- Take a ride out to the “Pub with Cold Beer” in Bong Lai for the freshest chicken lunch, the best peanut sauce in the word (probably) and as the name suggests, cold beer! Relax in a hammock with a view over the countryside and interact with this local family.
- Learn about the history of the American War and visit the memorial sites that the locals hold sacred.
- Observe traditional farming activities including ploughing with buffalo and rice harvesting, when seasonally available.
And after a hard day’s adventuring, return to our Riverlife Homestay where you can relax with a cold beer or cocktail on the hammocks near the river. Watch the local farmers returning home with their buffaloes, ploughs over their shoulders while the sun sets over the paddy fields which roll away to the river & beyond to the rugged mountains on the skyline.