In addition to the organised tours, there are many activities available at and around Riverlife Homestay:
- Explore Phong Nha Cave by boat from the boat station in Phong Nha.
- See the spectacular jungle scenery & fascinating limestone formations of the karst mountains.
- Take a walk in the jungle of the Botanic Gardens and swim in the waterfall
- Observe the varied wild life – you may even come across a troop of rare Black Langur monkeys.
- Ride a bicycle along the winding tracks weaving through the rice paddy fields and through tiny quaint villages where you can stop to interact with the friendly locals, visit local markets & swim in the clear streams nearby.
- Take a ride out to the “Pub with Cold Beer” in Bong Lai for the freshest chicken lunch, the best peanut sauce in the word (probably) and as the name suggests, cold beer! Relax in a hammock with a view over the countryside and interact with this local family.
- Learn about the history of the American War and visit the memorial sites that the locals hold sacred.
- Observe traditional farming activities including ploughing with buffalo and rice harvesting, when seasonally available.